Designed for Students in their Sophomore Year
BCA has an initial meeting with client and parent(s) in fall of 10th grade year. Student will fill out a BCA questionnaire about academic/non-academic interests, personal interests, experiences and concerns. Student will be asked to provide a copy of academic writing from a high school English or social studies class.
- Early spring meeting to discuss ACT/SAT testing dates and client’s summer plans.
- Early summer review of sophomore final grades and plans for junior year curriculum.
- Late summer meeting to discuss BCA’s preliminary college list.
- Late fall meeting to discuss academic progress, possible pre-summer college visits, strategies for effective visits.
- Late spring meeting to discuss BCA’s comprehensive college list, preparation for admission interviews and college visits.
- Mid-summer discussion about success of visits and possible late additions/deletions from comprehensive list. Discussion about possible essay topics.
- Late summer discussion about college essays, review of early drafts.
- Early fall review of final essay drafts.
- Mid-fall review of all applications, essays, supplemental materials.
- Any meetings/discussions concerning pertinent issues not mentioned above.
BCA will keep in touch with client via email and/or phone regarding academic progress, extra-curricular activities, client’s questions and concerns. BCA welcomes parent/client questions throughout the entirety of the process.